Sunday, September 19, 2010

A New Perspective

I like it up here. I don't know why. I think I can trace it back to when I use to climb trees when I was a kid. I used to always go over to my friend Garrick's house and we would climb the trees in the nearby greenbelt. Anyway, I always like coming here to get away from it all. And by "it all" I mean my Nona and Papa. For those of you who may not know, my Nona and Papa live with me. By the way, "Nona and Papa" is what I call my grandparents on my Mom's side to distinguish from those on my Dad's.

You know, I really hate going to the movies. It's annoying. I mean, it costs a ton and I am hardly ever satisfied with the movie that I see. It stinks because after you go all the way down to the theater, wait in line, pay seven bucks for a ticket as well as the inordinate price for any food, you still end up seeing a sub-par movie. The worst part about all of this, you always have to find someone to come with you. Why is that? You never socialize with someone who goes to the movies with you and if you do, people around you get annoyed.

I tend to have a word that I use excessively. My use of this word will only last for about two or three days and then I'll move on. Right now, "inordinate" is the word I am abusing. In fact, it took all of my self control to use the word "excessively" in the first sentence of this paragraph. It's just something I do.

Well, I've decided I want to get a pet gorilla. Okay, I know this sounds crazy, but it's something I really want to do. You see, my life is very much influenced by whatever book I am reading. I just finished the book Ishmael which is a book about the meaning of life, how the human race evolved into what it now is, and a telepathic gorilla. For those of you who haven't read this book, I'm about to spoil it for you. Almost spoiled. Further reading of this paragraph will lead to the spoiling of the ending of this book. Here it comes: in the end of the book the gorilla dies. It was really sad. So, I have to get a pet gorilla. The end. Spoiling of the book: over.

I dislike some people for no particular reason. It's not that they're bad people or even that they have characteristics that I seriously dislike. I think it is just one of those things where you don't "click" with someone. They just annoy me and I don't know why. I would feel kind of bad for them if I didn't dislike them so much.

This roof is made for blogging,
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment